Yea, don't feel bad.  I've had a generator apart and puzzled over it for
hours before I read the label on the water right...after quadruple checking
it.

Ever find yourself staring into the refrigerator looking for a fork?  What?
Never?  sure sure
Ken

 Smart people are smart BECAUSE they know how stupid they can be.
 Only an idiot will stand there insisting he isn't one. [And you didn't,
so, you're kinda smart, right?]