Hi Marshall,

A few comments.
Firstly, whilst the concentration of chloride ions is high in the
stomach and may indeed combine with silver ions to form silver
chloride(solid), it drops to serum levels and below in the duodenum
where most metal absorption occurs. Some of any AgCl(s) will be
redissolved here in reflection of the lower Cl- concentration,
probably by a couple of orders of magnitude. If the chloride
concentration is higher than the Ag+ ion concentration then silver
chloride complexes such as AgCl2-(aq) will be formed as well as
AgCl(aq). Also other ions will compete for the chloride ion further
lowering its availability. And further more, other molecules will
compete for the silver ions' attention, these might include transport
proteins and enzymes, and vitamin D which acts as a facilitating
transport mechanism for metallic cations (M+).
Of the remaining silver chloride (solid), there is no reason to
believe that the size of the these molecules is too large to be
absorbed, indeed at least one study shows that silver chloride readily
passes through biological membranes.
Therefore it is entirely reasonable to believe that a large proportion
of ingested silver ions is available and absorbed.

Thus absorbed, the silver ions will bond to proteins and so on, but
much will still be available to replace the hydrogen in sulfhydryl
groups and disable pathogen function. Silver chloride will give up
silver to sulphide.

If the silver load is so large that it cannot be cleared by the bodies
chelating and disposal systems, and despite that to some extent no
doubt, some silver will bond to tissue, where it may be reduced to
silver metal by light and/or be reoxidised by light, depending upon
the composition of surrounding molecules.
And while to some degree the process of photography is similar, the
comparison is not really appropriate, due to the dilution of the CS
involved and the presence of a myriad of other molecules and
chemicals.
And lets be clear, particles of silver (as found in the CS you would
prefer to ingest) would be a ready building block for the development
of silver grains, such as you describe.

In saying all this, I am presuming that one is sensible about the
concentration and the amount of silver one ingests, it is entirely
possible to develop argyria by taking large amounts of silver (only
achievable by ingesting silver compounds) and being nutritionally
deficient in some areas and/or surficient in others.

I don't think any one is suggesting the ingestion 1000ppm silver
citrate complex.

Regards
Ivan