Hi; Contradictory evidence time!!  (Sorry, and I don't mean to play "my
experience is more true than your experience")
Cranberry juice, yes; I got so sick of that stuff when I was in the hospital I
just about threw up.  Of course their juice was much more concentrated than the
commercial stuff and had little if any added sugars.
CS has not been a big winner for UTI's in my very limited experience so far,
either orally or as an irrigant, but as I said, very limited experience.
Alkaline urine, No.  Quite the contrary in fact.  I have reduced my rate of
infection to practically zero by taking copious amounts of (sometimes)
unbuffered Vit C, about 6 - 8 grams daily divided into 3 or more doses.  Brand
and source seem relatively unimportant, though the stuff now supplied me by the
VA seems particularly vile and hard on the stomach as well.  I also consume lots
of oranges and other Vit. C rich foods in conjunction with the pills, which
seems to work better than either alone.  I've heard there are both left-hand and
right-hand isomers of Vit. C, but haven't explored this option yet; if you know
of something please let me know too.
I often check pH, though no longer each and every time, and keep things acidic.
I have a decent binocular microscope with darkfield condensor, and a small
centrifuge, and  follow up on any signs or suspicions of infection with
urinalysis and C&S from a lab.
Sooo, that's what works for me, what works for you works for you, and that's
life I guess<g>.
Take care, Malcolm