The message below mentions beta glucans, about which I know little other
than that these are nutraceuticals widely available to consumers.   I
also know that at a recent major bioterrorism conference, a paper and
lecture by a major producer of these glucans was accepted.   I heard the
lecture and look forward to reading the essay.   The main point is that
beta glucans reduced anthrax mortality in rodents from 80% or higher to
about 20%.    Seems one might want to have beta glucans on hand for an
emergency situation . . . .

The essay will eventually be online at the BTR 2002 website.  Check
google in a few months.

JBB