From:   wolfcreek1 [mailto:wolfcre...@earthlink.net]
Sent:   Thursday, May 09, 2002 7:05 PM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: CS>Plants, Soil & CS

> I've used tapwater CS for garden use.
> Remember that it only takes about 3 minutes to make instead of 30-45!
> I dump a glassful into the sprayer and fill with water.

Chuck ~

Sunday night, I decided to make another batch of CS...my generator ran out
of gas, so I started to make it by kerosene lantern.  Had my DMM hooked up,
opened the cupboard and reached for my DW in the dark.  Put in my CS
starter, DW, and started brewing and realized my DMM went to 19 mA and then
flipped out, so thought it was my battery....nope.  Looked at the CS brewing
in the dark kerosene lantern light and it was really cloudy!  YUCK!  I gave
up and went to bed.

The next morning, I realized the bottle of DW was not DW, but the only
bottle of spring water I had in the cupboard (of course there are 5 bottles
of DW).  This stuff didn't cook more than 10 minutes and is dark, cloudy,
and ugly.

When you cook for 3 minutes, is it clear?  Is it the minerals in the water
that make it get cloudy like this?  Can you explain why this happens?

You said you dump a glassful in the sprayer and fill with water.  How big is
your sprayer?

Great learning experience! :-)

Thanks!

Julie & Critters