> The traditional primary route of administration of CS in effective use of
> CS, certainly in man in its heyday---was that in the mid '30s ?....is IV,
> Isotonic.  Probably a job for a pro.

I am checking with a friend's vet, who may be interested in seeing if CAE
can be cured for his other clients.  Possibly won't cost me an arm and a
leg, as giving goats an IV would be difficult, I think.  Would have to
sedate them and I am NOT familiar with needles at all, as we never use them.
Willing to make an exception for this situation tho.  I really think CS can
cure them.

> I have seen one horse with septic arthritis in the (2nd ?) joint, spend 3K
> on antibiotics to no avail and save the joint with about a Gal of CS in
the
> water over several days. I could get the details.

If it's not too much trouble, any and all information is appreciated.
Wondering if probiotics were given to this horse as well.

> If I knew no better I
> would trust that abnormal digestion might indicate too much---except I
don't
> have any idea what would happen if you adjusted the diet, gave a Ruminate
> large series of oral doses and then replaced the flora if you could get
the
> blood levels close to that of a light IV dose.

I have decided I would add probiotics to the goat grain mix, as I surely
don't want problems with their rumens shutting down.  It is my intent to
help them heal of CAE, and not kill or harm them in the process, surely.

> Then there are the transport enhancement effects of the BB group
> CS/MSM/Lactated Ringers mix, that will cause good or bad stuff to be
> absorbed at about 4X the rate of the substance itself will absorb.  It
would
> be interesting to calculate a comparison set of CS blood levels plotted
> against dose and time.   That might shorten the time of the shock to the
> digestion.

I am not as educated in this area as you and would like to e-mail you
off-list for further information.  I keep detailed records on all batches of
CS we make and further have greatly detailed info on all parvo puppies that
have been brought to us in my research files, so I am game to keeping
detailed records and experimenting with the method(s) of CS administration
and providing such info to others who may find it useful.

Would you mind if I contacted you off-list to gather further info?

Thank you,

Julie & Critters