I have wondered that as well.  My suspicion is the particle shape.  I suspect
that the mezo may have dense spherical particle, and the cs that is formed by
normal electrolysis methods may be more snow flake shaped.  The resonances of a
particle will be consistant with the bulk of the metal, which would be much
larger on a spherical particle than on a snowflake, although the dimensions of
the snowflake could be much larger, whereas the snowflake is made up of many
small particles aggregated together, it's resonance would be more consistant
with
the smaller particles that make the snowflake up..

Marshall