Dear Karen,

You said:

<<I have already done a search on this topic and know the regular medical
dangers about infection, but I'm trying to convince my teenage daughter that
this would not be a wise decision.  So if anyone has any additional
persuasive arguments about the dangers of belly button piercing, it would be
great if you could share them with me.>>

  How about, "Because I said you can't!"

  Are you really worried about serious infection or do you just
not like the idea?  A number of people have done it and as
long as it's kept clean have no problems with it.  With CS,
there should be few worries.

Regards,
Catherine