In article <bc.2975e943.2a6f0...@aol.com>, fernwo...@aol.com wrote:
>Hi~
>    I have already done a search on this topic and know the regular medical
>dangers about infection, but I'm trying to convince my teenage daughter that
>this would not be a wise decision.  So if anyone has any additional
>persuasive arguments about the dangers of belly button piercing, it would be
>great if you could share them with me.

The navel is a tough piercing to heal because there is little blood flow
to the area, and infection can very easily set in. But, plenty of CS and
Neosporin should heal it up just fine. Keep in mind that it's not
unheard of for navel piercings to migrate to the surface to some degree
before completely healing, and if it migrates enough there is the danger
that the jewelry could get snagged and rip out. Ouch.

--
John A. Stanley                           j...@natel.net