Barbara Liles wrote:

> Sorry Marshall.  I re-read my post and it confused me.  Let me try again.
>
> What I meant to say is some generators I read about are using 3 Batteries
> rather than 2.
>
> When making CS are we trying to get equal charge from a negative silver wire
> and a positive silver wire?

The difference between 2 and 3 batteries is simply 18 or 27 volts.  The currents
at both electrodes will be the same, as per Norton analysis.  That is current
travels in a loop, and is equal at all points in the loop.

> Then, to make a good brew, does the solution need to be stirred?

Most here report better results if the CS is stirred during making it.  This can
be with a bubbler, a mechanical stirer, or even a slight heat source on one side
for convection stiring.

> Also, does the distance between the two silver wires make a difference.

Yes it does, but I don't have any data on that since I do not use the LVDC
method myself.

> When I first started making mine, I was told that my spring water would work
> and didn't need the distilled water.  I know it worked to some extent, but
> the more I read on the list, the more I realize that the minerals in natural
> spring water must have an effect on my finished product so I switched to
> distilled.

That was a good decision.

> The spring water produced a cloudy brew whereas the distilled water made it
> clear.

The spring water probably had some salts in it, calcium chloride, calcium
carbonate, potassium or sodium chloride.  These would react with any silver ions
as they come off the wire producting silver carbonate or silver chloride.  Most
silver compounds have very low solubility, so they tend to make the water cloudy
until it settles out.

> Also, since we are going back to Silver 101, when using sea salt which makes
> the brew yellow, is this an indicator of particle size?  I know it makes it
> faster, but what is it making faster?

It increases the conductivity, thus increasing current and the rate of silver
removal from the wire.

> This leads me to wonder about IV use.  Since sodium chloride IV solution is
> salty, does that change the structure of the CS.  I generally use D5W
> thinking that the salt would change the structure.

It seems that silver ions will quickly combine with the chlorine in NaCl and
form a cloudy solution with then settles out over time.  I am not sure just what
happens if you put silver chloride directly into the blood.

> Just learning so any information is helpful. I'm still back tracking the
> achieves attempting to not ask questions that you old timers have addressed
> before, but that is a slow process.

We may be old timers, but we keep learning as well.  I would NEVER have thought
that taking large amounts of HVAC CS would do what they did to my fingernails.
That is a new data point for me.

Marshall