From: M. G. Devour [mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:59 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: buying cs instead of making it...

> In article <005701c24e48$12bc0900$d90e3...@home>,
> "MARIANO  DELISE" <nancym...@prodigy.net> wrote:
> >How would you make a battery operated silver wand?

I bet you could get by with only a few volts from some AA or AAA size
batteries, or even some button cells... Maybe an N-size?

Remember, the you're talking about germ-killing in plain tap water,
rainwater, streamwater or whatever. It's already quite conductive, and
it will only take a few *seconds* for enough silver ions to come off
the "wand" to effectively generate a few ppm of silver in the water.
The voltage needed for that would be quite low.

You'd probably put in a small series resistor to protect the batteries
a little and set a reasonable maximum current.

Don't know how well it'd work, but would be a simple concept to try.

> I'd probably cobble together two or three 9v batteries into a handle
> holding a couple pieces of heavy gauge .999 or .9999 silver wire. The
> wires would be stirred in a glass of tap water to disinfect it with
> silver. Let it sit a bit to allow critters to be killed, then drink.
>
> With a little experimentation and analysis one should be able to find
> a suitable combo of electrode spacing and number of batteries to make
> an effective unit.

Be well,

Mike D.