Christine:

A batch of silver that reacts that way to H2O2 might be fairly low quality
CS...  I have never used, ( as Ken mentioned ) h2o2 during the process, only
afterward.

Remember that a severe reaction between CS and H2O2 is the H2O2 reacting
with the particles.  Since home brew units are usually not capable of
producing a high PPM QUALITY particulate silver, I would hypothesize that
there was either tiny flakes of silver in the CS, or agglomeration.

I work hard to achieve a higher particulate CS when using CS and H2O2 for
more topical applications, such as mouth infections, sore throats, ears,
etc...  Trying to achieve this without producing complete sludge is not
easy.  I want the particles, even larger ones are ok ( since the H2O2 will
reduce them ), but I don't want a completely blown batch.

I use Ken's SilverPuppy for this, as he runs the current extremely low (
which REALLY helps to keep the reaction under control as the batch is
overrun ).  I employ both mechanical and thermal stirring.  I first plate
out silver on the bottom of the glass container ( by running a batch for
hours on end with his generator, thus "blowing" the batch ).  Then, I start
with room temperature distilled water. I run the next batch with mechanical
stirring, and a gentle heat source.  At about the time I would usually stop
the reaction with this particular generator, I instead start pumping up the
heat.  In this case, I'll often remove the electrodes for cleaning ( which
is always a big no-no from my point of view when trying to achieve a most
excellent product ), and as the reaction continues, I keep pumping up the
heat, until just under boiling.  I stop the reaction.

What I get is a product that I likely wouldn't use internally per se.  It is
often has a golden hue ( really pushing that poor lil generator ) and an
extremely rich tyndall effect.

When I add my 35% H2O2, the CS will boil briefly, but it will turn clear,
not brown...  If it were to turn brown or grey, I would hypothesize that I
have silver flakes in the CS, or extremely large particles.  After it is
done "boiling", I seal the container ( always glass ).

I've played with various concentrations of H2O2...  Of course, caution needs
to be applied, because if the H2O2 remains high, it can easily damage
injured tissue via oxidation.

If I add a touch of H2O2 to a high quality colloidal silver I've made, the
reaction is not visible at all.  No boiling, no color change.  The only way
to confirm the reaction is through the change in the tyndall effect.

Kind Regards,

Jason