Interesting train of thought.

James-Osbourne: Holmes

-----Original Message-----
From: brpete...@msn.com.au [mailto:brpete...@msn.com.au]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 6:25 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Ultrasonic stimulation enhancement

As a user of the pulsed d.c. method of cs generation,I have recently become
curious as to any beneficial effect of ultrasound frequencies applied to the
colloidal process.
My initial reasoning was related to the effect called cavitation,wherein
microscopic pressure "bubbles" (as utilised in ultrasonic cleaning) greatly
assist surface cleansing..a "scrubbing action",if you will.
Now,would using such a system during the making of cs speed up the
process,and,is there an optimum frequency range?
Apparently,higher ultrasound (~350kHz) dislodges smaller particles than a
lower ultrasound (eg 100kHz) during ultrasonic cleaning.Hence could one
optimise the applied ultrasound frequency to the colloid generation for the
desired particle size(s)?
Hey,what if the silver electrodes themselves are pulsed at this ultrasonic
frequency?
I had a glance on the net enough to realise the scientific research is
somewhat beyond me,hence my question to the list..Is anyone else pursuing
this line of inquiry?
petemc