Dear Petmc,
                    Many years ago I was associated with a large (and
innovative) research and development firm.....we conducted extensive design and
operational tests of varying untrasonic designs----principally for cleaning
objectives.  One of the most distinctive effects of using ultrasound for these
activities was that was a non-discriminatory cleaner.  That is, high energies at
these frequencies (we used 38 KC most frequently) will dislodge microscopic
particulates that a majority of other means----sometimes including chemical
reactions----had failed to accomplish.  This being the case I would caution all
experimenters to keep this characteristic in mind-----and to ALWAYS subject the
intended containment vessel to an ultrasonic cleaning itself (using distilled
water to the highest solution level anticipated  for generating the CS
product).  This procedure should last from 3 to 5 minutes.  This is the most
convenient and reliable method for preparing your generation vessel for an
acceptably-clean condition  for producing CS in such an environment (at least,
this is my opinion).
        One other consideration worthy of possible reflection........ultrasonic
energy's indiscriminate action insures that any compounds and/or impurities
resulting from the generation process itself----will be subject to
disassociation, size-reduction and distribution throughout the liquid medium
being used to produce the CS........and this, obviously, includes any materials
adhering to the container walls.
                                    Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.