Liz writes:
> Hi,I am brand new to the list. I've been interested in colloidal
> silver making for some time, and the benefits from it. I look forward
> to reading your emails.

Greetings and welcome to the list, Liz!

> My husband made a setup a few years ago for electrolysis for
> removing dirt from ancient coins, so I am interested to find out if
> this apparatus can be used for colloidal silver.

You'll need to tell us what voltage and current it will supply. Also,
we'll need to know the tank size and what kind of geometry you'll be
able to make up for holding your electrodes in the water. You don't
want anything but silver in the water, so alligator clips and the like
shouldn't be allowed to get wet.

Usually, Low Voltage Direct Current (LVDC) setups run from a few volts
to 80 or 100v, with about 30v being common. The current needed is only
a few milliamps.

To limit particle size and/or maintain a high percentage of ionic
content (as opposed to particles) many recent generator designs use
some kind of current limiting (a resistor) or current control (some
kind of current regulator circuit).

You will probably want to dedicate a separate tank to making only CS.
Who can tell what kind of contamination you'll get from the old coins
and dirt.

> I also make wire wrapped jewelry from silver wire, so hopefully i'll
> be able to find all that I need to make such an apparatus.

Be absolutely certain you use 'fine' or 'very fine' silver wire of at
least .999 purity, and NOT Sterling. You should be able to get that
from your jewelry supply if you don't already have some on hand.

12 and 14 gauge round is common, some folks have used strips of
'bezel' wire. Others use .999 fine bars or medallions or pure silver
bullion coins like the Canadian Maple Leaf.

Sterling, as you know, contains other metals that you do *not* want to
be ingesting.

> Looking forward to "talking & listening" to you all,

Have you had any experience yet with using CS? Look forward to hearing
your results.

Be well,

Mike D.