From: Bill Missett [mailto:miss...@prodigy.net.mx]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 6:23 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: the blue senator

Speaking as a former daily newspaper editor, I think all the conspiracy
theories about faking the candidate's argyria are nonsense.  Most media
organizations have far too much integrity to engage in such practices.

Such a patently phony conspiracy would and could easily be exposed, leading
to huge embarassment and professional disgrace for whatever news
organization promoted it.   And for what gain?

The man obviously has, or thinks he has, argyria.  He says he got it from
drinking his own homemade CS.  Do you think he's inventing this claim and
putting on blue makeup before each public appearance?   Nonsense.

The only way this could have been faked is if he had a pre-existing case of
argyria, and was induced to run for public office to give negative exposure
to CS, and that's about as far-fetched as the other conspiracy theories.

I think the gentleman is honest, and is telling the truth, and it's not
going to further the CS cause at all.  This is all the FDA needs for further
restrictions on CS.

Rosemary Jacobs must be celebrating this turn of events.