Plenty of evidence exists for the use of antioxidants to reduce
inflammation in the autoimmune diseases, and particularly the use of a
glutathione producer as well. Glutathione increase is of great importance
because it regenerates other used-up antioxidants, it's essential to the
Krebs energy cycle, it quenches free radicals and removes many toxins
itself, and perhaps most importantly in these cases, it skews
imflammatory responses (TH2) toward non-inflammatory response (TH1) in
the first place, which allows the body to heal itself.

The proper way to do it is with precursors; take the precursors (cold-
processed whey) with selenium, 200-600 mcg daily is plenty for most
people with issues. Also, other antioxidants are often overlooked. ALA
and CoQ10 are very useful to the krebs cycle and to quench free radicals
at the source inside the cells, and resurrecting each other. Similarly
the water-soluble and oil-soluble antioxidants each have roles that are
not swapped off very well by other antioxidants, so a complete
antioxidant therapy is very useful:
A, C, E, s, ALA, glutathione (whey isolate), and b-complex helps. Some
would add other catalysts based on analysis but these would be the basis
of all antioxidant theapies. Then we can get fancier with the
carotenoids, tocotrienols, lycopene and such if we like.

Once a person has 'jacked themselves out of the hole' with attention to
these details, perhaps, just perhaps, diet alone will maintain them that
way. I believe in the continued use of antioxidants though, because I
treat age-related degeneration and this is an important part of a
longevity program.

I have specific examples of the mechanics of how several disorders
respond to antioxidant therapy.

regards,

Duncan Crow