Hi -- I can't comment on the cloudiness, but I've been reading up on DMSO
lately and understand that a 70% solution of DMSO mixed with (distilled?)
water is optimal for most uses.  If you were using full strength, that might
account for the level of burning you felt.   The DMSO, when mixed with water,
will likely get warm.  That's to be expected.  Also, if a rash develops
anywhere on the body OTHER than where it is applied, that could indicate a
possible allergic reaction, and DMSO use should be discontinued.  Allergic
reactions are rare, according to the books I'm reading.   You should expect a
funny taste in your mouth after using DMSO: some describe it as an
oyster-like taste or a garlic taste.

Laura