Hi Kendra,

  I don't use air bubbles, I just swish the CS-making glass every 15 minutes
or so to stir.  I don't use a potentiometer either.  I don't limit current.
Sometimes I clean the one cruddy electrode, and sometimes I don't.  If I
don't, I filter the finished brew through a non-bleached coffee filter.

  I do use an ampmeter.  (My husband had a volt/amp meter around the house).
But before using it, I would cook my 12-16oz brew for about 1 1/2 hours.  I
was told that I could never know the ppm of CS I was making that way, but I
trusted that if my CS came out clear or pale yellow, that it would be safe
and effective.  Sometimes I probably ended-up with CS of less than 5 ppm in
strength, but I did benefit from it anyway.

  Ole Bob, who used to post here, advised that if you know the amperage of
your brew, you'd know the concentration (ppm) of your colloidal silver.

  Once my husband showed me how to use the ampmeter, I would stop my brew at
3.3 milliamps which Ole Bob advised would equal approximately 8-10ppm CS.

  In short, everyone has a different way of making CS.  Some refine the
process more meticulously than others ... but if you're using good quality
silver and good quality distilled water and your CS is either clear or pale
yellow/pale gold,  it is my understanding that you will end up with safe and
effective CS.

  I like the amperage testing method because I found that it really is true
that depending on atmospheric conditions and whatnot, the brew time to make
8-10 ppm CS (3.3 milliamps on the meter) varies considerably!  From one day
to the next, the brew time to reach that amperage can vary up to 45 minutes.

  But I ingested the CS brew I made when I was only timing it (not taking
amperage readings), and I benefitted from it, and am not blue!  Oh, I've
never checked the Tyndal effect with a laser either.  I rely on the color
more than anything.  There's a lot I don't do that others here do, but I feel
confident about my end-product.  I get the benefits others describe -- help
in fighting infections, etc., so I'm happy.

regards,
Laura