Robb,
Breathing exercises can be quite complicated.
The Yogis have made quite a science of it and have refined it over centuries of
use.

The very best instruction I have EVER come across are two books called
"Pranayama" by Andre van Lysebeth and "Light on Pranayama" by Iyengar.
I would never consider lending either to anyone for fear of ever losing them.

BTW Yogic exercises have NOTHING to do with religious beliefs. Have no fear of
disrupting your mania.

                                                                Chuck
Why do croutons come in airtight packages?
 It's just stale bread to   begin with.