A product called  Oxyclean is murder on mold;  it is fast and non-toxic.
  After you get the mold off, you can use CS to keep it off, methinks.
I have read on this list that Oxyclean is basically a sort of powdered
hydrogen peroxide;  it breaks down into harmless chemicals, the maker
claims.

Using Oxyclean first would save a lot of time.  It is cheap and widely
available.

JBB