A bit off topic here, but the easiest and best garden I ever planted was done by simply rolling out some old used jute backed carpet [stolen from curb side pickup and carpet store dumpsters] on top of the grass in the yard, cutting some holes in it and transplanting containerized plants in it. No weeds, no tilling, no water run off, [water runs right throught the carpet carrying any fertilizer laid on top with it], bugs and snails don't like the carpet, no rust from soil borne viruses and fruits don't lie on the ground. The grass dies from lack of light and fertilizes the garden. The decaying grass roots soften the soil.

 One drawback.
After about 4 years the carpet disintigrates and can be a bit hard to roll up and dispose of. [It would have been ..had been...disposed of anyway]
Ken