I've read studies a few years ago where some believe that the aluminum being absorbed through the skin may be the cause of breast cancer, the study went on to show why more women get breast cancer than men, because they shave their underarms and this makes it easier for the aluminum oxide to seep through the skin. Don't they call it aluminum oxide poisoning? I'm just going on what I've read a few years back, and it made sense, there could be another side to that argument that I'm not aware of.

I do know that like lead, aluminum shouldn't be ingested, and that is why people are getting rid of their aluminum pots and pans. Put a sheet of aluminum foil over any tomato based sauce so that it actually touches the sauce, the next morning the aluminum foil will have holes in it and the aluminum will be deposited on the sauce.

I got this info a few years ago, I had a customer that ran a very large meals on wheels program in Maine & NH. His company wouldn't allow cooking in aluminum pots, because the aluminum would get into the food, he ended up buying Stainless Steel pots from me, which was a one time sale, the aluminum pots had to be replaced regularly due to pitting when an acidic product was cooked. I obviously preferred to sell the replaceable aluminum ones.

Jim

Marshall Dudley wrote:

Jim wrote:

Don't forget that there is aluminum in deodorant and aluminum is very toxic.

In what form? There is a lot of aluminum in the earth's crust.  I am not aware
of any significant toxicity unless it gets through the blood brain barrier.

Marshall

Jim

Linda Hefferman wrote:

Hi Ingrid.  I just read your comment about cs and deodorant.  Such has
not been the case for me.  I am not sure what ppm I am making but it is
clear and i do ingest about 2ounces a day and also use it as a
deodorant.  For me it is great---absolutely no more bo.  I have not used
deodorant since I have discovered it.  I have read that since deodorant
blocks your sweat gland under your arms that it causes toxins to build
up in the lymph nodes and it is believed to cause cancer.  Since cancer
runs in my family I want to avoid that if I can.  Sorry to hear that
yours did not work for you,  Hopefully someone out there may know the
answer as to why yours did not work.

                                                    Linda J. Hefferman

INGRID KROPP-OVERSTREET <pfsing...@msn.com> wrote:

   NOT! I READ THAT ARTICLE ABOUT THE MANY USES OF CS. well i don't
   know about deodorant. i used CS with a ppm of probably somewhere
   between 8-12 and it didn't quite work like expected. maybe more or
   less ppm will help. i figure with summer around the corner i don't
   want to expirament with B.O.