Aluminum is the third most common element on this planet.
ken

At 05:03 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
It is fact that the brains of alzheimers patients have an elevated level of aluminum in them. It is unclear whether aluminum in the brain causes alheimzers, or if the disease causes accumulation of aluminum in the brain. Also it is unclear how the aluminum gets in the brain, since I believe it is suppose to be stopped by the blood brain barrier. Since there is a great deal of aluminum and aluminum compounds around
us and in the soil, there is likely some other unidentified mechanism at work.

One of the latest things I read was that it could actually be caused by a prion.

Marshall