  From: Trem
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 9:32 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Re:CS>get both kinds here

  Hi Catherine,

  NO.  I guess you didn't get the jist of what I said.  The TDS can be off as
much as 20 or 40 at ANY reading depending on the unit's full scale.  You cannot
reliably measure something in the range of .1 to 3.0 with a meter that has an
accuracy of +/- 20.  It's for measuring in the range of a few hundred.

  Use it to measure the amount of minerals in your tap water and it'll work
just fine.

  Trem