Dear James,
                                    We are in general agreement with
your position.  We have found the TDS-1 to be of immense value to the
average "do-it-yourselfer"......most especially when utilized for the
lower ppm ranges (5 to 20ppm).  While the PWT unit is superior, we do
not deem it worth the extra cost (we give the TDS-1 away with the LVDC
generation units.....to some poverty-limited families);  especially so
since the PWT is just a relative improvement on a generalized measure
----itself.
We feel the TDS-1 is of definite value in making a general determination
               of the range of the ppm one is generating.
                      Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.