Hi Joh
I actually don't know how to search the archives :(((
but my whole message is there...
I'm basically talking about people that have Cystic
Fibrosis - they eventually die from Pseudomonas
Aeroginosa. Their lungs get affected, PA starts a
colony, the colony becomes stronger and stronger,
antibiotics can't kill it.. PA 'eats' approx. 3% of
the lung capacity each year, lung transplant is a
solution of you have the money, etc. % survival after
lung transplant -5% :((
Of course it is MUCH more complicated and there are
things like pancreatic insufficiency, mucus building
in the airways (impossibility to expell the mucus) and
so on...

Maia

--- "James-Osborn: Holmes-Junior" <a...@cybermesa.com>

http://search.yahoo.com