Hi Marshalee,
To chip in here.

I have read that taking selenium may prevent argyria.

The email below sounds as though someone has the bull by the wrong end.
Regards,
Tony

mamapug wrote:

 I thought I read that selenium supplementation is a very good idea when
one takes CS as the CS depletes selenium as part of the way it kills
bacteria, etc? So if one does not have a sufficient level of selenium the

CS

might not be as effective? And I have read over and over that virtually

all

U.S. soils are selenium deficient, so most americans don't get enough in

the

first place. Hmmmm, wonder if selenium or lack thereof has to do with why
some people experience thrush infections from using CS?
paula

How can you get thrush, when CS kills it??
I`ve been on CS for 7 years straight now, and never had thrush or anything
like it. (I did have it 24 years ago when nursing baby number 4. Before I
knew about CS.)
Also where did you hear that silver depletes selenium? That`s a new one...
Marshalee