--- Marshall Dudley <mdud...@execonn.com> wrote:
> This is very interesting. I don't believe either of
> us is entirely correct after
> reading this:
>
> http://www.ocii.com/~dpwozney/apollo2.htm
I deleted some of these threads so it may already have
been mentioned, but geez folks, hasnt anyone every
heard of the terms "diatomic" (O2) and monatomic (01)!
I a grade school demonstration I once seem a person
demonstrate the volatility of liquid (monatomic)oxygen
in a beaker. Flames several feet high almost
instantaneously. Dont know why they were showing this
gymnasium demo to grade schoolers. I think I remember
the guy dipping a flower in the liquid oxygen, and
then shattering it as if it were brittle glass. O1
will combine with O1 to become the diatomic O2
commonly found in nature, and this is how oxygen
itself can burn, only when it is in that monatomic
state, which is not at all a natural state. Another
unique feature of O1 is its use in a flame under
controlled circumstances, what has been reffered to as
"Browns Gas" obtained through a supposed special water
electrolysis process. It can weld aluminum to brick,
and do special things no conventional acetylene torch
will achieve. The verification of the presence of
(pure) 01 in a oxygen gas is that it will have half
the density compared to 02. Volumetric studies have
suggested that Browns gas has a signifcant % of 01.
HDN

http://search.yahoo.com