John

Even if no cure available control is.

For what its worth, this info came over time and mainly by searching the
net. Tons of info in pamphlets and books. Drs are short on time spent with a
patient and have long ago decided I must take charge and responsibly of my
life.

 You say your wife has been diabetic since a child, type 1, probably under
supply of insulin. I would think that she should have control by now. You
mention taking a pill, this is second line of control the first and a must
is what you eat. Sugar and any thing turning to sugar once eaten must be
controlled. Tons of info on this. With a fasting BS in the 300 hundreds a
pill seems lost cause. Have been the pill route, more than one and it did
not drop my fasting BS out of the 300s. Went insulin injection to gain
control.

True there is cost involved; She must be a tough lady to handle those hours
as her energy level has to be affected. Body function is slow down hill
slide with out control. Ability to hold a job is only matter of time.

 I finely went to dr when having a real problem staying awake driving to
work, 50 miles. Would eat before leaving, sugar would build. Recently took
my fasting BS and shot up insulin to handle breakfast. Friend called having
problem on the road, I left to help him without eating. About 30 miles
latter could not stay awake, drove off the road and the crash, bang sound
woke me up. Car was never the same. Sugar to high or low and you are in
trouble.

Alternative clams some cures, vanadium one along with some others. All
requiring months of use and close watch of CONTROLLED blood sugar.

 A medical dr. is needed, their medications and attention to controlling.
Cost money now or she will not be able to hold a job. Thousands of us do
control it so can your wife. Cavalier attitude can buy blindness, loss of
feet and hands heart problems to name a few.

Sorry about the soapbox.