Ref: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m58999.html

> Re: CS>Silver Generation with ULVDC
> From: Robert Berger
> Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:04:20

  > Mike,

  > Do "Ole Bob" a favor! Please report your data as time in hours and
  > decimals, and  drop  all of the other numbers  except  voltage and
  > current.

  > PLEASE PLEASE, I takes too much effort to plot!!!

  > Thanks,

  > "Ole Bob"

  Yes, I  know. It is quite confusing to do the calculation,  and this
  probably led  to my mistake in picking the wrong stop  time  for the
  1.4 mA run.

  I have  been  thinking  of reprogramming  my  editor  to  report the
  elapsed time  in seconds, but I don't have enough room  left  in the
  overlay.

  It would  be  simpler to write a quick post-processor  in  Pascal to
  convert the  date  and time to Julian and report  the  difference in
  seconds and tenths.

  The ideal  solution would be to make a simple  interface  to convert
  the PC  parallel  port to handle GPIB.  Unfortunately,  the Keithley
  doesn't have  a  GPIB  interface, and  the  HP3456A  doesn't measure
  current.

  I could  make a simple CMOS switch to measure the  voltage  across a
  small resistor and get the current, and subtract it from the voltage
  across the cell to get the true cell voltage. Then the  system could
  be completely automated.

  I would  add  an  option in the  data  acquisition  software  to add
  comments    and    observations    when    appropriate.    A  simple
  interrupt-driven multitasking  would  allow data to  continue  to be
  collected while comments are being edited.

  Now all I need is a GPIB cable. I have a bunch, but they are back in
  Toronto.

  So, I guess the post-processor is the quickest solution.  There will
  be a  temporary pause in my posts, but all data  reported henceforth
  will be in seconds and tenths.

  Actually, I  expect  the data to follow a  smooth  exponential curve
  with variations due to bubble formation. An interesting part  of the
  UVL run  was to rotate the rods 90 degrees and see the  variation in
  cell resistance.

  I attribute  this to an ion cloud forming around the  rods,  but did
  not report it in the conclusions.

  With the low ion velocity in the UVL process, stray thermal currents
  would tend  to disrupt the cloud and change the rate  of  silver ion
  production.

  However, the  low current and long run times would  tend  to average
  this out, and help maintain a repeatable process. It will  take good
  instrumentation to collect the data to prove this, and I really need
  to get some GPIB cables to improve the data collection.

  But there's lots more to discover with colloidal silver!

Best Regards,

Mike Monett