Here are the results of last night's run with the ULV process.

  These are the system parameters:

  The rods are 12 ga with 0.9 sq. in. wetted area. The ends are formed
  into a small "J" to provide clearance to the bottom of the  glass. A
  22k resistor is in series with the positive terminal.

  The glass  is  an ordinary drinking glass with  straight  sides. The
  inside diameter is 2.55 inch and the water depth to the fill mark is
  3.50 inch.

  The initial battery voltage is 8.410V

  Tue May 13, 2003, 04:19:50 am 4.383V 181uA
  Tue May 13, 2003, 04:28:15 am 4.125V 192mA
  Tue May 13, 2003, 04:50:26 am 4.060V 195mA
  Tue May 13, 2003, 05:44:50 am 3.398V 224mA
  Tue May 13, 2003, 11:19:11 am 1.809V 292mA <-- small whisker on cathode
  Tue May 13, 2003, 12:25:40 pm 2.537V 261mA <-- more small whiskers

  The battery now measures 8.368V

  I carefully  removed the rods without violently shaking  them. There
  was a bit more black oxide on the cathode than yesterday's  run, but
  the anode  was very clean. With my previous 1.4mA  setup,  both rods
  seemed to have equal amounts.

  The solution is crystal clear and nothing has fallen to  the bottom.
  There was a thin patch of shiny silver floating on the  surface that
  skimmed off  easily with a tissue. The salt test shows a  bit slower
  response than  yesterday's run, and a bit weaker  dispersion.  It is
  still much stronger than anything I have made with previous setups.

  The initial  taste  impression is slightly sweet  and  very pleasant
  with no  metallic  aftertaste  whatsoever. There  is  a  very strong
  effect on the smoothness of the teeth.

  I had cut holes in the lid prevent humidity buildup with the  lid in
  place. I  carefully filled the water to the fill  mark,  but noticed
  this morning the level had dropped 0.615 inch. Presumably, the holes
  allowed some water to evaporate during the run. I will seal them for
  the next run.

  It seems the last portion of the run simply converts the silver ions
  to silver  oxide  or  metallic  silver,  and  may  reduce  the final
  concentration. Next run, I will stop the process at a  specific time
  instead of waiting for some indication like whiskers forming  on the
  cathode.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett