Hallo Ode,
That is a new one for me. What kind of beetles?. Reason I ask is that my sister has a dairy farm and in summer the flies are horrific. It would be really good to have a natural system to deal with the pests.

Ode Coyote wrote:
Back in the old days before I built my house and lived in an old school bus in the woods I used an outhouse and beetle larvae to totally eliminate flies. It was pretty gross to look in that hole at the seething turmoil below...so I didn't look very often.
But
It attracted every fly for miles and not a single one survives the attempt to lay its eggs.
 No flies anywhere.

I learned this from a history of the Egyptian scarob beetle, why they were sacred...and couldn't kill the larvae for long anyhow.

 Now I use an in house  flusher and I have flies.

Ode