Diesel doesn't have the effect that gasoline has...vapor wise.
I tried gassing a yellow jacket nest in my garden with a propane tank...didn't work even with a match added. Next, i took a length of PVC pipe and stuck it onto a garden hose and inserted the whole thing deep into the nest. Drownded most of em. Then I got a spray can of ether [starting fluid] and a lighter and hung out with that flame thrower, tossed rocks at the nest and burned them up as they came out.
 Then got a heavy log type object and compacted the nest solid.

Working on making a Bee gun to turn wood bees into has beens...shoots bird seed. Left alone, those guys will turn your rafters into sawdust in a hurry. They even chew up treated wood!!! They hollowed out the ash wood handles on my wheelbarrow!! Been playin Bad Bee Minton too. They're hard enough to hit that it's like a sport.
Ode