Mike,

See below.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Monett" <fcue0n...@sneakemail.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: CS>$$$ perpectives

> url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m59988.html
> Re: CS>$$$ perpectives
> From: Trem
> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:22:08
>
>   > Hi Mike,
>
>   > I've been  hearing you knock flat silver electrodes for  some time
>   > now and think it's about time to say something. I'm SilverGen. Our
>   > generators do NOT make large particles nor do they EVER produce CS
>   > that turns yellow. Particle size is .001 to .005 microns. See
>
>   > http://www.silvergen.com/toppage2.htm
>
>   > for visual evidence of particle size.
>
>   > You may  be correct in stating that the edges  release  the silver
>   > more quickly  than  the surface but the  facts  are  the facts....
>   > current limiting  and circulation of the  water  during production
>   > using large  surface  area equals small particles as  long  as one
>   > stays under  2  ma./square  inch. I hear  of  many  people getting
>   > yellow CS  using other generators that use round wire  so  you may
>   > want to rethink your argument.
>
>   > Regards,
>
>   > Trem Williams
>   > www.silvergen.com
>
>   Hi Trem,
>
>   Nice to  hear from you. Of course you can use flat electrodes  - you
>   just have  to reduce the current. This means it will be  slower than
>   an equivalent system using round wires and the same wetted area.
>
>   I used  to  run  at 1.4 mA per square inch,  and  it  usually turned
>   yellow or black after a few days when I tried to make high ppm cs. I
>   had a low-level residual Shingles infection, and the cs made at this
>   current had no effect.

Not true.  Just because you used 1.4 ma/square inch and got yellow CS
doesn't mean a thing to me.  I use 2 ma/square inch in the SG7 and as I said
earlier, it is ALWAYS clear at 20+ ppm.  And it produces 2 gallons/hour at 5
ppm or 1 gallon/hour at 10 ppm, and so on.  That's not slow in my book.
Stirring has a great deal to do with the end product, both in particle size
and the allowable current density.  And it never turns color.

And to try to make a case about efficacy of ions versus ions isn't valid.
It either works or it doesn't.  If you made yellow CS it obviously had a lot
of large colloids and that would certainly explain why it didn't work as
well as that made with more ions.  As I pointed out earlier, our colloids
range in size from .001 to .005 microns.  They never reflect light.  Too
small.  If the ions do the job, as I suspect, then making it more quickly by
using large surface area flat electrodes and higher current density with
stirring is much better than running at less current in order to prevent
agglomeration.  That's the only thing I see you've been successful at
is..... perfecting a slow process that is about the same as watching paint
dry.

>   However, reducing  the  current density to 80 to  100  microamps per
>   square inch  produces very strong and very clear cs.  The  rods stay
>   clean, which indicates very little is wasted making black sludge. It
>   doesn't turn yellow.
>
>   The cs made with this current density killed the Shingles infection.
>   The scabs fell off several days later, and have not returned.

So is that to say the CS I make would not be just as efficatious?  I think
it would work exactly the same.  I can dazzle you with anecdotal recoveries
from a myriad of diseases.  Let's not get into whether ions or colloids are
best.  I'll leave that to others.

>   I now only need to take a mouthful every three or four days, instead
>   of drinking 8 oz each day as I did before. This helps  the digestion
>   a great  deal,  since  much less enters the  intestine  to  kill the
>   friendlies.
>
>   I use  12 ga folded into a "W" to increase the  surface  area, which
>   allows proportionally higher current and shortens the run time.
>
>   I have  done a few runs at higher currents that do turn  yellow with
>   the same total number of Coulombs. So I believe there is  a critical
>   current density somewhere between 100 and perhaps 1,000 uA/sq in.

You do not take into account the fact that stirring moves the ions away from
the anode rapidly enough that  they do not agglomerate.

>   So the  effect  of  flat plates is you  reach  the  critical current
>   density sooner than with round wire, since the current is  higher at
>   the edges.

I don't believe it.  See previous statements.

>   With either method, if you are making black sludge and have to clean
>   the rods, reduce the current and increase the brew time.
>
>   I tried  three methods of stirring, and it helps reduce  the sludge.
>   But it had no effect on the Shingles. Low current is the only thing
>   that worked.
>
>   The other  problem  with flat plates is  keeping  them  straight and
>   aligned. 12 ga wire is quite stiff, so it holds alignment very well.
>   Thin sheet is very difficult to keep flat and straight.

Not necessarily true.  This isn't rocket science and if they are a bit
closer at one end it doesn't make any difference other than a small change
in the shutoff ppms.  In the case of our SG7 I form the 1 1/2" wide
electrodes in a mold to corrugate them and they are very stiff and rigid.
This is not an issue.

>   Another problem is simple contamination. Systems that leave the rods
>   loose means they will lay flat. I once got very ill after  getting a
>   drop of something on the rods. I never found where it came from.

That has nothing to do with making CS.  So, you fouled up.  That doesn't
guarantee others will.

>   With 12 ga wire, you can bolt the rods to a plastic lid.  This keeps
>   them aligned,  and you can set the lid upside-down on  a  table with
>   the rods  sticking  in  the air while you  are  emptying  the  cs to
>   another container.  So  you never have to touch the  rods  or handle
>   them.

Our electrodes are attached to the bottom of the SG6 and it works the same
way.  Lift it off the jar and decant.  Refill with water and set the unit on
top of the jar again.  Our SG7 uses 4 electrodes spaced 1/2 inch apart.
They're cast into a resin block at the top and are on a strut that lets them
dangle in the water.  Self cleaning too I might add.  Operation is a no
brainer.

>   Flat is OK. Round is better.

Flat is better.  Round is OK.

Trem