Mike Monett writes:

>   The email was sent privately to me.
>
>   It seems to look like he paid for this service, and it  went through
>   his address book where it found my address.

I've looked at the company's web site and FAQ, and although there is
an option for users to pre-approve their address books, I don't think
that applies to your case.

Both the Subject line and the fact that you have no reason to *be* in
Lee's personal address book suggest that Spam Arrest is simply picking
up the From: header in every message sent by the Silver List and
attempting to verify the address of the original author.

They claim there is a way to blanket-approve mailing list mail, but I
would rather not have to deal with training every new Spam Arrest user
in the proper use of their service so they will not be annoying my
other members.

It does not appear to be a well conceived product.

>   I remain a bit skeptical.

As do I.

Be well,

Mike D.