url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m60278.html
Re: CS>Spam Arrest
From: M. G. Devour
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:08:34

  [...]

  > It does not appear to be a well conceived product.

  >> I remain a bit skeptical.

  > As do I.

  > Be well,

  > Mike D.

  Hi Mike,

  I have  so many megabytes of spam that I forgot  where  the original
  message ended up.

  I found  it. It may be exactly as you  originally  suspected. Here's
  what I think happened:

  He signed  up  for this service. He also  subscribes  to  the silver
  list.

  I posted  to the silver list. The email went to his service  with my
  original subject line.

  The service  sent me an email containing the  original  subject line
  and asked for verification of my email address. The url  was encoded
  with my name and email address.

  I didn't click on the url, but someone who subscribes to  the Silver
  List did.

  I got the second message, but my spam filter kicked it out again.

  If this  is true, anyone who posts is going to go  through  the same
  thing.

  This is  easy  to  confirm. Others  should  have  received  the same
  message by now.

  At the  risk of clogging up the archives, I am appending  a  copy of
  the original message for your review.

  Thanks for taking the time to watch for things like this.

Hi Mike,

This is the second try. Eskimo bounced the original saying my email
address was invalid. I'll try again without the attachment.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett