Not being picky, but with concern for those with little chemistry knowledge:
sodium hydroxide is a strong base, and the polar opposite of an acid

-----Original Message-----
From: ascottsil...@aol.com [mailto:ascottsil...@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 11:12 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Cataracts

Hi Marv,

It's my understanding that flaxseed oil and linseed oil are the same thing.
You can spend the long buck and buy flaxseed oil at the health food store or
you can buy the same exact thing at the hardware store for a hell of a lot
less. DMSO is like that. Health food store vs. feed store = big markup. It's
all marketing. I'm sure this won't make me very popular with some folks on
the list but, Oh well.

The next time you are at the grocery store, look at Tilex. It is watered
down bleach (sodium hypochloride). At the hardware store, look at JASCO
driveway cleaners. It's watered down swimming pool acid (sodium hydroxide).
I think there are only about a dozzen or so chemicals that the public are
allowed to buy and they are sold under hundreds if not thousands of
different trade names.

There are probably issues about purity, but consider the source. Most of the
stuff out there  comes from the same vat. It has water and die added to it
and a new smaller container and a very expensive lable.

Best wishes,
Andy

From: Marv Hacker

Hi, Brickey,

    I gather that you actually
used linseed
oil. I do not know much about these oils. Are you saying
that:
+ flaxseed oil would be
preferred,
+ either oil would work fine,