On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:25:02 -0400, Orpha Yoder <oilth...@valink.com> wrote:

>I am on another health group that had a discussion of high carb food
>including potatoes. Someone on the group who has cut out carbs for
>the most part said that if you eat potatoes with the skin on, then the
>fiber from the potato skin absorbs some of the sugar and therefore
>will be better for you then a peeled and cooked potato.

Better maybe, best,no!

This is like watching someone going through the psychological phases of grief.
Rationalization is going to undermine you quicker than anything.

I f you're limiting sugar, DON'T EAT POTATOES!
                             DON'T EAT RICE!
                             SEVERELY LIMIT GRAINS!
Obtain a carb counter and look up everthing that you swallow.
Stay under 60 grams of carbs per DAY.

If you want a day off, take it then get back on the program.
 Just don't kid yourself and wonder "what happened?".

                                                Chuck

You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to
    taxi to the terminal.