Welcome to the Club!!

I purchased/received the silverpuppy generator around Memorial Day.   I'm a
newbie as well, and since I don't have any experience with other generators, I
can't offer an opinion on other models.   The silverpuppy comes with very
explicit, VERY easy to follow instructions.   Using the auto shutoff it makes
crystal clear 24 ppm CS.

Because I am now supplying 3 friends with CS, I have been trying to produce
more at one brew time.   Instead of the beaker that came with the unit, I use a
one pint canning jar (takes one to one and a half hours brew time).   I tried
once to use a a 42 oz. pickle jar and another time tried a quart jar but it
took several hours to finish (can't remember exact time, but it was more than
double the amount of time a pint jar takes), so I have stuck with the pint jars.

In the last few weeks I have started making stronger CS for topical usage
(these batches have a very slight yellowish tinge to them but it's only
noticeable when i sit the stronger CS bottle next to the 24 ppm bottle).   I
fill a pint jar with the 24 ppm CS, flip the switch off of the auto shutoff,
and let it brew for approximately one and a half hours.   I have no idea what
the ppm is on this CS, but I do know it's stronger due to the taste.   I
suppose I should use Mike M's salt test and then ask him what my results mean.
 But you should only use good quality distilled water and NEVER use salt when
brewing your CS.   I normally take one ounce of the 24 ppm each morning,
holding it in my mouth and swishing it around for a few minutes before
swallowing.

Which just reminded me...   yesterday afternoon, I started feeling somewhat
achy all over.   By the evening I was running a slight fever.   When I got in
from work I took an ounce of the 24 ppm CS, before I went to bed I took an
ounce of the "stronger" CS, then took another ounce of the stronger stuff again
this morning (by this morning I had a slight sore throat).   It's about 10:45
my time now, and I feel great!!   No fever, no aching bones, no sore throat!!
I think I just blew by the dreaded summer cold!!!

Hope this helps somewhat.

Good Luck,     Ruth