Jack Dayton  7/31/03   11:55 AM

> OG  7/31/03  12:21 PM  wrote:
>
>> I have emphysema and chronic bronchitis, and have constantly fought off
>> colds/lung problem with the normal rounds of antibiotics, going from one to
>> another to another as my body would build up an immunity to them.

**************************
I replied:
> I was  diagnosed with emphasema, COPD, and asthma.
> In January, after nearly 60 years of smoking, I QUIT !!
> Well fust quiting caused a noticible improvement in
> my breathing, and my asthma attacks had stopped,
> I guess I was allergic to smoking :-)  .
Well it must have been lunch time because I certainly
had no intention of ending my response that way.
( I didn't even use the spell-checker, and  it shows.)

It has been 6 months since I quit smoking - think of
the money I'm saving :-)  .

This is what has transpired since I quit. I no longer need
either of my inhalers,  - no more asthma attacks.

I have returned all of the oxygen equipment which
I previously needed. I had both a large "Concentrator"
and a small portable ( shoulder strap) type for trips away
from home.
I got a nebulizer through my insurance (HMO) company
and began a regimen of CS, and later a combination of
DMSO / CS  1 / 10  ratio twice daily to help clear up what
I considered a low-grade infection  - had a frequent cough
and a lot of phlegm.  Now I seldom use my nebulizer as
the few times that I do cough in the evening, I consider as
acceptable after the amount of damage all of these years.

I never expect my lung capacity to get back to nor mal,
but I am managing to increase my walking distance, and
every day activities around the home no longer leave me
breathing hard.

I have discovered that there are a few "alternative"
approaches to reducing the debilitating effects of
emphysema - one I am working on with noticeable
results is simply changing the way that I had been
breathing - short in and out.  TRY taking deep, down
in the belly breaths, and exhaling through pursed lips.

Also I found that there are people and Doctors who
reccomend REBOUNDING on a trampoline. Now I
once had read that rebounding might help alleviate
an astigmatism.

There are small portable trampolines available, but
I haven't tried that yet.
Spend some searching with google.com - there is a
vast amount of information to be found  OUT THERE
( reminds me of Twilight Zone)

In another part of your letter you stated in part:

>I have gone to dozens of sites, and each says this is the best and this is why
you should buy ours, our method is best the other ones are wrong .....
batteries, electric, silver rods, silver discs, clear, yellow, brown, use
salt, don't use salt, it will turn you blue (at this point who cares),
.........  I'm sure you get the picture.  To someone who is new, how does
one tell just what is best and who is just trying to sell.

I read Ode Coyote's reply to your letter,  you would be
VERY hard pressed to find a more honest man
( Ken,  please send the check to ...... :-)
both of the URLs  he lists should be thoroughly read.

Oh, by the way ---  welcome to the Silver List.

Jack Dayton