Andy (^_^)

From: Trem

Hi Andy,

Since you asked.....we use a voltage comparator to
shut our units off.  We calibrate the SG6 so the production light does not
come on if the water is under about 2 uS which gives the user a general idea
of
water quality.  If the light doesn't come on then the length of time it
does take to come on will indicate water conductivity in a roundabout way.
Longer time means better water.

We do NOT measure current.  It is limited and
is a constant once the unit is up to speed.  That function is indicated by
the production light being fully lit.  From then on the voltage across the
electrodes is continually reducing in order to maintain the constant
current.  So, it makes little difference what the water volume is......the
unit runs until the voltage comparator senses the preset voltage on the front

dial is the same as the voltage across the electrode.  The unit then shuts
down.

At that point one can use a PWT meter and get a
rough idea of the amount of silver in the water by subtracting the initial
water
reading and adding a correction factor.  If one does not have a meter it
makes little difference since the unit checked the water at startup
and would have been less than 2 uS.  I'd say "it's plenty good
enough".

If someone waits a while and turns the unit off and
back on again it will add more silver to the water.  We calibrate them to
work properly from startup to shutdown.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Trem Williams