> Can anyone help with a natural remedy for mites on a dog.

Hi Yvonne ~

To eliminate mites use:

1 tbl Olive Oil
6 drops each:  lavender, tea tree, clove

Actually, most any oil will smother the mites.  Lavendar and tea tree help
heal the area, cloves are great at eliminating any parasite eggs.

On rescue rabbits with ear mites, we used olive oil and tea tree.
Eliminated them with 2x/day doses to their ears, along with the scabs, etc.,
within 4 days.

Bottom line is this dogs health/diet (translation immune system), which
should be addressed to prevent future infection.  CS is good in the dogs
waterer, to combat any infection the mites create.

If the oil is too messy or the dog is covered with mites, I would make up a
16 oz. 50-50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, putting in 10 drops
of each essential oil above or any others that might be handy - eucalyptus,
rosemary, peppermint, etc. and spray/rub into the areas that are affected.

Happy Howling,

Julie & Critters
Wolf Creek Ranch
mailto:wolfcre...@earthlink.net
http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/index.html
Home of Whispering Winds Wholistic Animal Sanctuary
"The person who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person
doing it."
"Don't dream a dream, live a dream and let reality sleep." ~ Enyo Johnson