url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m62995.html
Re: CS>Yellow tinted CS!!
From: Malcolm Stebbins
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:00:48

  > Hi Mike,  why  do you assume the only effects  of  ion  storms are
  > exclusively magnetic?

  Cause that's the component that shuts down the power grids:)

  > If a magnetic field varies it produces an electrical field,  if it
  > varies  rapidly,   the   resultant   electromagnetic   field  will
  > propagate.

  Sure, but  the minimum frequency for efficient  propagation  is well
  above the  geostorm frequencies. For example, the NIST  LF frequency
  standard transmits at 60KHz, and whistlers cover the audio range.

  I believe  submarine  communications take place at  10  Hz,  and the
  Schumann Resonances cover the range from 6 to 10 Hz:

    http://itss.raytheon.com/cafe/qadir/q768.html

  All these  require  a  very sensitive receiver  and  a  good antenna
  array. The  cs generator makes a poor receiver, and the  short leads
  make a lousy antenna:)

  The frequency of GICs is very low (one to a few milliHertz)

    http://www.hsb.com/thelocomotive/Story/FullStory/ST-FS-SOLAR.html

  So any induced electric field will be too weak to have any effect on
  cs. (Please see below.)

  > The effects of both lunar periodic and solar "storm" variations on
  > human and  animal behavior are well documented; see R.  O. Becker,
  > Cross Currents (sorry, can't give you the page numbers  right now)
  > for a study and additional references. The effects  of terrestrial
  > deformation such  as  those  caused by  lunar  land  tides  on the
  > generation of  electromagnetic  anomalies   are  a  commonplace in
  > geological work.

  No question  about that. Animals are much closer to  nature  than we
  are, and there are many well-documented cases of dogs giving warning
  just before major earthquakes.

  > Solar as  well  as  other  ionic  disturbances  are  recorded from
  > electrically (static)  sensitive   devices   as  well  as magnetic
  > (inductive) ones, all due respect to railroad engineers.

  Shawn Carleson wrote many good articles for "The  Amateur Scientist"
  in Scientific  American.  I recall one that  used  a  very sensitive
  electrometer ic to measure the earth's electric field, and I believe
  he talked about detecting ion storms. Those chips work down  the the
  femptoamp range.  Since  the currents are so  small,  they  are well
  below the noise level in the cs process and can have little effect.

  But I'll bet railroad tracks get interesting in a geostorm:)

  > Take care, Malcolm

  Thanks, Malcom.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett