Evening Malcolm,

Thanks for the refresher course.

Please forbear attempting to instruct me further in what to believe or 'think about' in relation to beginning AC theory or basic calculus. I assure you my education goes beyond your estimate.

I always enjoy seeing someone lay out the facts, based on study, experience, and education.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I have a view that you many want to comment on, and even disprove.

>> What you suggest is dangerous, possibly lethal.

I may have missed it, but I did not see anyone mention the power of the output, or
"spark watts".

I think all circuits have a power range, or in most cases, a specific quantity in watts. I have mentioned this relative to the many CS generator circuits. Seems someone agreed with me but others dismissed the point and considered it unimportant.

Most of the old standard ignition systems were much lower on true spark power than the newer systems, even the ones we build in the 60's.

Has anyone every heard of a person being killed by the old systems, or even the newer ones for that matter?

The system I ran for a number of years was relatively powerful, too much in fact for the hardware that delivered the power to the spark plugs.

It destroyed rotor buttons, distributor caps, plug wires, and even the plugs. Finally, I carried a spare rotor button and distributor around with me for emergencies.

In case anyone goes back that far, it was based on the "Ward Circuit", a racing engineer from Nevada.

  Wayne