I have been using salt and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) as an
underarm anti-pong for years. Straight out of the shower I dab a
damp finger tip into the bottle of salt/bicarb and then into an armpit ;
repeat for the other 'pit. This usually lasts 24 hours at least.
Sometimes I might have to apply CS spray and/or dilute H2O2 If I
have gone through some heavy duty stress.

We used to be able to get an odourfree deodorant cream made by
Mitchums which was really good and also totally allergy free but
which became unobtainable for a while. This was advertised as a
three component natural deodorant. Rumour was that it had been
developed for the Israeli army The salt/bicarb is nearly as good.

Equal parts of ordinary fine kitchen salt and baking soda into a
bottle. Cap and shake to mix. I use about an ounce of the mixture
per month.

Tony