  From: Rowena Evans
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 11:30 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Stone Deodorant

    When I was at the health store getting my stone, the lady told me there
that sometimes you have to sand off the top layer periodicallly??? Also, look
at the ingredients on them...some of them are only mineral salts...some of them
have added alums, etc....  I was surprised, but finally found one that was only
mineral salts... I also use the CS under the arm too.
    Kim
      I wonder what mineral salts?  I'm looking at Australian ones here.
      Deonat says hypo allergenic, Natural body deodorant. No aluminium
chlorohydrate.  etc etc
      Freedom body says hypo-allergenic, all natural, fragrance free, ... film
of natural minerals preventing bacteria from forming ... contains no aluminium
chlorohydrate or aluminium chlorohydroxide
      Eon: the natural crystal deodorant ... completely pure, natural mineral
salt ...contains crystalised Pot Ash Alum

      Sorry to be so wary of these manufacturers, but we have to take their
word for it if they don't say exactly what mineral salts are in the product.
For instance, supposing someone said no Aluminium Chlorohydrate but it did have
aluminium chlorohydroxide.  Okay, unlikely maybe, but there are people out
there who will tell the truth with intent to deceive.

      What is Pot Ash Alum?

      Rowena