Try making very spicey indian meat dishes, that use honey, not refined sugar, I
think thats easier on you...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marshall Dudley
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:56 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Diabetes

  It was about 2 months on Atkins before my wife was able to completely get off
her pills.  She went from the doctor saying that he was going to have to
increase her gluberide again, to taking none at all.
  Marshall

  Charles Sutton wrote:

    Only if you stay on it!  I have always had an uncontrollable addiction to
    ice cream.  Sometimes eating a half gallon per day.  Since I have been on
it
    now for a while the sugar cravings have dissapeared.  I hope they stay
gone.
    I think the urgency of the condition this time, instead of just being
    overweight, is keeping me going.   I have to get the sugar levels down in
30
    days or the Dr. is going to put me on meds......
       .