Thanks Mike,

Like you I started out with the "pinch of salt" recipe (actually a drop
of brine, I think). Worked fine for the first year or two.

    Your thinking is about the same as mine.

It seems that many who make CS think their method is best and everyone who does not do similar are
living in the dark ages.

Often using salt may be the best choice, or only choice if one is in a remote or primitive area.

When I first started making CS, I kept a log file on each batch, run time, and current flow relative to time.
I did make some of the golden CS using 70 VDC.

I realize I have not progressed to the level that my technical ability would allow. One day I will do this. Until then, the "dark ages" methods have worked very well and solved many problems.

Again, thanks for your ideas.

Wayne