List,

The stun gun method described earlier may be the best, but I have found a simple acu-point stimulator device works fine on mosquito bites and might work on the more powerful venom of spiders. If so, the advantage would be that the devices are easy to use -- most have a blunt, needle-like tip -- and have adjustable output knobs so one could choose a level not too excruciating. (Yes, it hurts when applied to a bite.)

I am not sure of the output on the devices as I have, and they are no longer in production.

I have no time right now to delve into this but may later. In the meantime, food for thought. . .

JBB